1st Blog-Introduction

 

My name is Cara Roberts, I live in Fairbanks and have lived here since 1999. I am a senior at UAF College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences and hope to pursue my graduate degree in Fisheries and Ocean Sciences. I am a mother of 5 children and a first-time grandma to my grandson. I enjoy traveling to coastlines, I enjoy walks with my dog (in warmer weather of course), and I enjoy Chena Hotsprings.


    I have a deep love for art, especially paintings by Akiane. I am in pottery, and this is my third semester taking the courses through UAF. I learned how to make Athabascan beadwork from my paternal grandmother when I was 11 and when I have time, I do beadwork. I love finding art pieces that speak to my spirit; I lost my youngest daughter in 2015, and feel as though she speaks through some art pieces that I come across.

https://akiane.com/about-akiane/

Comments

  1. Good job at posting your 1st Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are actually able to engage in the arts, and that can be a meaningful way to connect you to your daughter. A language of love, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I feel her presence in so many art pieces.

      Delete
  3. I looked up a Akiane because I have never heard of her before and I really like how realistic her paintings are, they are very soft yet look so real. I also have lost people in my life and find that channeling them while creating art can feel very healing, you could even say it is therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you find healing in the arts!!! Doesn't Akiane have some amazing pieces?? Thank you for your comment Kylee

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Analysis

Baroque Blog